04 July 2007

Happy Belated Canada Day!!

Entering Laos

We hope everyone had a great Canada Day and an enjoyable long weekend!

We 'celebrated' Canada Day by crossing the Vietnam/Laos border, and spending a total of 22+ hours on buses. We travelled from Hué, Vietnam to Vientiane, Laos. And just as a special Canada Day treat for me, I got reamed at the border ... I had to pay US$45 for my visa as opposed to US$40 for Ulrik (Danish) or US$35 for the Australian girls or US$38 for the South African guy we crossed the border with. Happy Canada Day to me, indeed!

Oh well. Guess I shouldn't complain too much ... I did get a new visa in my passport!

For more photos, see our Laos photo album.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee, I love reading your blog to keep up-to-date on what you guys are doing. Every entry makes me remember my time last year. Keep up the posts!

Della